In 1758, G.B. Guadagnini and his large family relocated from Milan to Parma thanks to the patronage of the Duke of Parma, Don Felipe. During the 13 years he remained there, Guadagnini’s making gradually evolved to a somewhat eccentric style which included use of local maple. This superb example, made soon after he arrived in Parma, still retains the best characteristics of his Milanese work as it follows the same fine model and exhibits “foreign grown” maple of the best type.
We are most honored to be entrusted with the discreet sale of this violin, which has been the companion of an internationally respected leading artist for the last 36 years. Its superb tonal qualities are exhibited in numerous legendary recordings.